My family was delighted at how delicious this was. If you like creamy sauces and mushrooms, this is a must try.
My son hates mushrooms and even enjoyed it. My husband dislikes cream sauces and enjoyed it too. So it might be worth a try even if you don’t like creamy with mushrooms:)
Creamy Roast Chicken in Mushroom Sauce
Preheat oven 425o
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1hour and 15 minutes
Estimated values per serving:
Calories = 165 Fat = 1 grams Points: 3
1 ½ pounds chicken breast on the bone – skinned
1 large onion – chopped
½ cup celery – chopped
2 cloves garlic – minced
4 ounces shitake mushrooms – diced
½ cup white wine
½ cup cream sherry
2 cups chicken broth
2 bay leaves
2/3 cup fat free sour cream
- Arrange chicken pieces on a roasting pan and season with salt and pepper. Roast chicken for 45 minutes, cover, and set aside.
- Heat a large deep on medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes until browned. Add mushrooms, raise the heat and cook for 3 minutes until lightly browned. Add celery and cook another 3 minutes then add garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add wine and sherry and reduce until liquid is almost completely absorbed, scraping any pieces from the bottom of the skillet.
- Add chicken broth and bay leaves and simmer for 15 minutes. Add chicken to heat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken and place onto a serving platter. Remove skillet form heat, add sour cream and stir until combined. Heat for 2 minutes then pour sauce over chicken and serve.