Now you may say to yourself “lobster cheesecake?!?” but trust me this is a winner. My mother and father decided they wanted to get steamed lobster for dinner but they didn’t want just steamed lobster. Since they are on low carb diets I could not make a sauce and put it over pasta or rice so I thought quiche. As I was working out the recipe it morphed into a savory cheesecake. You can use fresh lobster meat or you can use canned. Also to make it a little less expensive, you can use crab meat or crab legs. I know it sounds weird but it was really delicious & light. Enjoy……
Savory Lobster Cheesecake
Preheat oven 350o
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Lobster Cleaning: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Estimated values per serving:
Calories = 166 Fat = 2 grams
32 oz Lobster meat (crab meat, shrimp or crab legs can be substituted)
8oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese (softened)
2 cups egg substitute
1 T Worcestershire Sauce
1 t Onion Powder
1 t Paprika
1 T Bacon Bits
2 T Cream Sherry
Pepper & Salt to taste
1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- Clean steamed lobsters and remove all lobster meat and coarsely chop. Set aside in a mixing bowl.
- Beat cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, onion powder, paprika, and cream sherry on high speed until creamed.
- Lower mixer to low speed and slowly add egg substitute into mixture until well combined.
- Fold bacon bits and lobster meat into mixture until well incorporated. Season with salt & pepper.
- Coat a 9 inch spring form pan (cheesecake pan) with cooking spray.
- Spoon bread crumbs into pan and move pan around so that sides and bottom of pan is coated with bread crumbs. Discard any loose bread crumbs.
- Spoon lobster mixture into prepared pan and bake 1 hour or until mixture no longer jiggles in pan.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool 10 – 20 minutes. Remove from pan, cut and serve.