Tomorrow night I am going to a friend’s birthday party. I am not sure how many people will be attending but I do know that this is sure to be a fun beer guzzling crew having a rockin’ good time. So I thought this dessert would go well with the beer and atmosphere.
Enjoy your dessert.
Chocolate Guinness Cheesecake Cupcakes
Servings 36 cupcakes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 30 minutes
Refrigeration time: overnight
Estimated Values per cupcake:
Calories = 200 Fat = 6 grams
Preheat oven 325o
2 cups crushed pretzels
3 tablespoons + 1 ¼ cups sugar
¼ cup low calorie butter spread, melted
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
¾ cup Guinness draft beer, left open to become flat
2 packages (8 ounces each) low fat cream cheese, softened
2 packages (8 ounces each) fat free cream cheese, softened
1 cup egg substitute
½ cup unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Position 2 oven racks in center and lower third of oven. Place a roasting pan on the lower rack and fill halfway with water. Fill 3 12-cup muffin pans with paper cupcake liners and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine pretzel crumbs and 3 tablespoons sugar then stir in butter spread. Press crumb mixture on bottom of 36 cupcake cups.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high in 15 second intervals until melted. Stir in Guinness and let stand.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheeses and 1 ¼ cup sugar on high speed until fluffy, for about 3 – 4 minutes. Beat in egg substitute slowly then eggs, one at a time. Stir in Guinness mixture, cocoa, flour and vanilla into batter until blended. Separate evenly among cupcake cups.
- Bake cheesecake cupcakes on the on center rack for 30 minutes the batter no longer giggles and is slightly cracked on top. Turn off oven and let stand in oven with door closed for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate for 1additional hour.
Chocolate Guinness Ganache
1 cup Guinness draft, left open to become flat
18 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a saucepan, heat Guinness until it comes to a boil.
- When the beer has come to a boil, pour oven chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Pour ganache over cheesecake cupcakes and refrigerate overnight.