Pulled Pork Chili
Preheat oven 300o
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Estimated values per serving:
Calories = 400 Fat = 5 grams Points: 5
1 pound boneless pork loin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon thyme
1 onion– chopped
1 jalapeno pepper – minced
2 cloves garlic – minced
½ cup whiskey
2 (12 ounce) jars chili sauce
1 ½ cups water
1 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning
4 small or 2 large potatoes – peeled and diced
1 (15.5 ounces) can of red kidney beans
- Combine paprika, 1 teaspoon chili powder, pepper, salt and thyme and rub on to pork loin.
- Set pork in a roasting pan, cover with foil and slow cook for 3 hours. Remove from heat and cool. Shred pork with a fork and set aside.
- Heat a large pot on medium heat, spray with cooking spray and add onion. Sauté for 5 minutes until soft and browned.
- Add jalapeno pepper and sauté for 3 minutes, add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add whiskey, scraping any pieces from the bottom of the pot and cook until reduced by half.
- Add chili sauce, water, chicken broth, 1 tablespoon of chili seasoning, chipotle seasoning, shredded pork and potatoes to the pot. Simmer on low for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Add kidney beans and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve hot.