Estimated Values per serving:
Calories = 480 Fat = 4 grams
1 T. olive oil
6 skinless/boneless chicken breasts
¼ cup flour
4 cups onions – thinly sliced
4 cloves minced garlic
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 cup dry white wine
2 cups fat free chicken broth
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 cup chopped tomato
2 tablespoons paprika
1 teaspoon minced thyme leaves
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup fat free half and half
1 Tablespoon corn starch
1 package of yolk free noodles
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and lightly coat with flour.
- Heat a sauté pan on medium high heat and spray with cooking spray. Sear chicken pieces until brown on all sides. Remove the chicken from the pan and place in a tray.
- Add onions to the pan and sauté, covered, for 15 minutes on medium heat until golden brown, stirring often.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Add the vinegar and wine and scrape any pieces from bottom of skillet. Add chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add the tomato paste, tomato, and paprika. Stir until well blended. Add the thyme and bay leaf.
- Add the reserved chicken pieces and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Whisk half and half and corn starch in a small bowl and then add to pan. Continue to simmer another 10 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- While simmering, cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse and transfer to a serving platter
- Transfer chicken to the serving platter.
- Pour sauce over chicken.