This is a twist on a classic pumpkin pie recipe. Someone gave me this recipe and after looking at the ingredients I decided to make it delicious and lite. It is the same recipe but half that calories and fat but I promise you can’t tell the difference. This comes out so good and once again the Graham cracker/date crust works perfectly. This is a great recipe for Thanksgiving but trust me, it will be a hit any time of the year!!
Preheat Oven 375o
1 cup graham crumbs
6 ounces pitted dates
15 oz canned unsweetened pumpkin
9 oz fat free evaporated milk
½ cup granulated sugar
½ up egg substitute
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice
3 oz Fireball whiskey
- In a food processor, pulse together dates and graham cracker crumbs for several minutes until it holds together between your fingers.
- Press pie crust mixture into a 8” pie pan on the bottom and up the sides.
- Beat the pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, egg substitute, salt and pie spice. Pour the mixture into a 9-inch pie shell.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the filling is set.
- Cool to room temperature then refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Serve chilled with whipped cream (if desired).