Hot Artichoke and White Bean Spread
This is a great spread for company. Serves some hot Italian bread on the side and you are sure to have a hit on your hands!
Estimated calories per serving: 100
Fat grams: 3
Preheat oven to 375o
1 teaspoon oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (15 – 16 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1 cup baby spinach
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
¼ cup parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat skillet on medium low heat and spray skillet with cooking spray and oil. Add onions and sauté until the onions are golden and about to brown. Add garlic and sauté for another minute or less.
- Transfer onion mixture to a food process and add beans and ricotta cheese. Process until smooth.
- Add the artichoke hearts, beans, basil, salt and pepper and process until the mixture is a smooth paste. Add Parmesan cheese and spinach and pulse, on and off, until mixed evenly.
- Spray oven safe bowl with cooking spray and scoop dip mix into bowl. Sprinkle with a little additional Parmesan cheese on top (optional).
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until the cheese is melted and the top is golden.