Preheat Oven 400o
Estimated Calories per serving: 230
Fat grams: 2 grams
1 medium butternut squash
2 sweet potatoes
1 acorn squash
1 onion, chopped
5 cups chicken stock
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon cardamom
¼ – ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Spray a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil with cooking spray. Cut butternut, acorn squash and potatoes in half and place on baking sheet cut side down on baking sheet.
- Roast until they are soft (potatoes may have to come out earlier). Set aside and let cool.
- Heat a 5 – 6 quart pot on medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Sauté onion until soft. Add chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Scoop out the insides of the butternut, acorn squash and potatoes and add to the pot.
- Season with cayenne, cardamom and nutmeg and allow to simmer for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Using a handheld immersion blender (or standard blender in batches), puree the soup.
- Serve hot with sour cream, if desired.