We thought we might go out to eat tonight but plans were changed and I had to decide the last hour what we were having. I decided to do something easy since time was running out. Pasta dishes are great meals to make when you are pressed for time or haven’t planned in advance. So tonight we had Chicken and pasta with Spinach.
Chicken and Pasta with Spinach
Preheat oven 425o
Prep and cook time 25 minutes
2 garlic cloves – peeled but left whole
½ box rigatoni pasta
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts – cut into bite sized pieces
¼ cup scallions, green parts only – chopped
2 tablespoons fresh parsley – minced
½ cup white wine
1 ½ cup fat free chicken broth
1 tablespoon cornstarch
½ pound fresh baby spinach leave – coarsely chopped
¼ cup parmesan cheese – grated
- Wrap garlic cloves in aluminum foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes. When done, mash roasted garlic with the back of the spoon and set aside to combine with chicken broth.
- Boil water and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Heat large skillet on medium high heat, spray with cooking spray and add chicken. Sauté for about 10 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add scallions and sauté for about 2 minutes. Add wine and parsley, scarping any bits from the bottom of the skillet. Cook wine mixture for about 5 minutes or until reduced by half.
- In a small bowl, mix together chicken broth, corn starch and garlic. Add to skillet, stirring until thickened and bubbly. Add pasta, chicken and spinach to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat, toss in cheese and spoon onto serving platter.
Share or Print Post Here:
Tonight we had roast pork loin and cabbage for dinner. It was too spicy so I have to continue to work on this recipe before I share it with you. I did, however, bake a low fat cheesecake that I think is worth your time to try. I am not a big fan of cheesecake but I really enjoy this because it is nothing like the dense kind that makes me feel like I am eating cream cheese from the tub. Enjoy & Happy Cooking!!
NOTE: It is important to bring the ingredients to room tempurature before preparing the batter.
Serves 8 – 10
Preheat oven to 325o
¼ cup reduced calorie/reduced fat butter spread – melted
1 cup graham-cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon cream of tarter
6 egg whites – room temperature
1 ½ cups egg substitute – room temperature
1 ½ cups sugar plus 3 Tablespoons of sugar
8 oz. fat free cream cheese – softened
11 ounces low fat cream cheese – softened
3 Tablespoons flour
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups low fat sour cream – room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix melted butter spread with crumbs and press on the bottom and sides of a spring-form pan.
- Add cream of tarter to egg whites and beat until foamy.
- Gradually add 3 Tablespoons of sugar and beat until stiff.
- In a different mixing bowl, mix together 1 ½ cups sugar, flour and salt with the paddle attachment on the mixer.
- Add cream cheese and beat on high until well blended.
- Add egg substitute, slowly, until thoroughly mixed.
- Remove paddle attachment and put on whisk attachment and add sour cream and vanilla to the egg mixture.
- In a large bowl, fold egg whites into egg mixture and pour into the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes or until firm.
10. Turn off oven and open door slightly but leave the cake in for 10-20 minutes.
11. Remove cake from oven and let stand until cake is cool. Chill and serve.
Share or Print Post Here: