Preheat Oven 400o
Estimated calories per serving: 175
Fat grams: 2
1 ½ cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1/3 cup brown sugar
¼ cup egg substitute
¾ cup buttermilk
2 Tablespoons low calorie/fat butter spread
2 Tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
½ cup raisins
1 large apple – cored, peeled and chopped
- Spray loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in brown sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, mix buttermilk, egg substitute, apple sauce and butter spread.
- Fold dry ingredients into buttermilk mixture, then mix in chopped apples and raisins.
- Bake 45 – 50 minutes until browned and a toothpick comes out clean when inserting.
- Let bread cool for 5 minutes, then remove from loaf pan and serve warm.