These poor vegetables get such a bad wrap and I think it’s because of the way they are usually prepared. Even if you know you don’t like Brussels sprouts, try this recipe, it may just change your mind. I served this for 5 people tonight and had no leftovers.
Enjoy your veggies!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Smoked Ham
Preheat oven 425o
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Estimated values per serving:
Calories = 93 Fat = .5 grams Points: 2
2 pounds Brussels sprouts – cleaned of outer leaves and cut in half
6 ounces smoked ham steak – diced
2 tablespoons apple jelly
2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Boil water in a large skillet and add brussel sprouts. Boil for 1 minute, drain and spread onto a baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Roast Brussels sprouts in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes until browned.
- While Brussels sprouts are roasting. Heat skillet on medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add ham and sauté for 5 – 7 minutes until browned. Remove from heat and place in serving bowl.
- Remove Brussels sprouts from the oven and add to ham.
- In a small bowl, combine apple jelly and maple syrup and microwave for about 30 seconds until apple jelly has melted. Add to cooked ham and brussel sprouts and toss.