This is a recipe that my family loves….actually anything with bacon is a big hit, but this recipe delivers great flavor with less fat and calories. Enjoy!
Preheat Oven 375o
Estimated Calories per serving: 300
Grams of fat: 10
10 slices center cut bacon
2 pounds 93% lean ground beef
½ cup egg substitute
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large jalapenos, seeded and chopped
½ cup breadcrumbs
½ cup chopped green onion
2 Tablespoons ketchup
2 Tablespoons pepper sauce
6 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ cup brown sugar
- In a large bowl, stir together beef, eggs, garlic, chopped jalapenos, bread crumbs, green onion, ketchup, pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper until combined.
- Shape mixture into a rectangle.
- Weave bacon into a square, going crosswise and lengthwise then place meatloaf on the end.
- Roll bacon around meatloaf.
- Bake 30 minutes covered, then uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until the center reaches 165o
- Let stand 5 – 10 minutes before serving