This is an Asian style BBQ that reads a little strange when you see it but it’s worth trying. My family thought it was really good and has a flavor that is very similar to the BBQ ribs you would get at a Chinese restaurant.
Braised Pork Tenderloin with Guinness BBQ Sauce
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Estimated values per serving:
Calories = 270 Fat = 4 grams Points: 5
1 pound bones pork tenderloin
Salt and pepper
2 cloves garlic – minced
1 12-ounce bottle of Guinness stout
¼ cup brown sugar
1 cup diced canned tomatoes
¼ cup hoisin sauce (in the Asian section of grocery stores)
1 tablespoon corn starch
2 tablespoons water
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat and coat with cooking spray. Season pork with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Brown for about 5 minutes on each side. Remove pork and cover.
- Add garlic to skillet and sauté for 1 minute. Add Guinness, brown sugar, tomatoes and hoisin sauce. Cook until mixture reaches a boil then lower the heat and add back the pork. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove pork from skillet and cut into thick slices; cover and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine corn starch and water then add to skillet with sauce. Cook until mixture is thick and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Add pork back to skillet to coat with sauce. Spoon pork and sauce onto a platter and serve.