YouTube Video – https://youtu.be/Is5dU0bj75I
Estimated Calories per serving: 143
Fat grams: 9
Preheat oven: 400o OR heat grill
4 ounces low fat/light cream cheese, softened
4 ounces reduced fat Italian blend grated cheese
6 ounces baby spinach, coarsely chopped
Handful fresh basil, chopped
8 large portobello mushrooms
2 Tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
- To prepare mushrooms, wipe off any dirt with damp cloth and remove any stem. Heat pan on medium heat.
- Combine olive oil, salt and pepper and, using a brush, coat the mushrooms with the olive oil mixture. Heat sauté pan and spray with cooking spray. Sauté mushrooms on each side for about 3 – 4 minutes, covered until most of the liquid is absorbed. TIP: you may have to work in batches, do not overcrowd the mushrooms.
- Remove mushrooms and set aside.
- To prepare filling: cook spinach in a microwave safe bowl and cook on high for 2 – 3 minutes. Let cool then squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Combine spinach with cream cheese, Italian blend grated cheese, and basil.
- If baking, place mushrooms on a baking sheet, spoon cheese mixture on top of each and bake for 8 – 10 minutes until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- If grilling, place mushrooms on grill for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted and slight browned.
- Serve warm
Correction: In the video I had called for ¼ cup olive oil but it should be 2 tablespoons.