YouTube Video – https://youtu.be/3Lkn8Jsd-i8
Estimated Calories per serving = 335
Fat grams = 10
Preheat oven 375o
4 Boneless/skinless chicken breasts pounded
1 Can of crushed tomatoes
3 cloves garlic, separated & minced
1 teaspoon Oregano
1 teaspoon dried Basil or 1 tablespoon fresh finely chopped basil
1 t. Onion powder
1 t. Garlic powder
Salt and pepper
½ cup parmesan cheese grated (separated)
4 zucchini (or 2 packages frozen zucchini noodles)
2 teaspoons olive oil
Chicken parmesan Directions:
- To make sauce: Heat a pot on medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Add onions and sauté for about 5 minutes until softened and browned.
- Add 2 cloves minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Add can of crushed tomatoes, oregano, basil, onion powder, garlic powder and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring sauce to a boil then let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To make chicken: Spray frying pan with cooking spray. Sauté chicken breasts in a frying pan on medium high heat. Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned.
- Remove chicken breast from pan and set aside.
- Pour ½ cup of the tomato sauce into a baking dish.
- Arrange chicken breasts on top of tomato sauce.
- Spoon remaining sauce on chicken and then top with ¼ cup parmesan cheese.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes and uncovered for the last 10 minutes. Serve with cooked zoodles.
Zucchini Noodles Directions:
- While chicken is baking during the last 10 minutes, heat olive oil in a pan, add 1 clove minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add zucchini noodles, season with salt and pepper and sauté, while turning it with tongs for 7 – 10 minutes until zucchini is soft and the water on the bottom of the pan is absorbed.
- Turn off heat and toss ¼ cup parmesan cheese. Transfer to a bowl and cover until chick parmesan is done.