Sausage & Spinach Frittata Squares
Preheat oven 350o
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 45 – 50 minutes
Estimated Values per Serving:
Calories: 300 Fat: 8 grams
½ tablespoon olive oil
1 onion – chopped
½ pound frozen spinach – thawed
3 Italian turkey sausage links
2 cups egg substitute
2 whole eggs
½ cup light sour cream
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon dried basil
- Heat skillet on medium heat, coat with cooking spray and add olive oil. Add onions to the skillet and sauté for 3 – 5 minutes until tender and slightly browned. Spoon onions into a large mixing bowl.
- Squeeze excess water from spinach and add to the bowl with onions.
- Remove sausage from their casings. Heat skillet on medium high heat, coat again with cooking spray and add sausage meat. While sautéing, break up sausage into small pieces. Sauté sausage for 5 – 7 minutes until browned. Add sausage to the same mixing bowl.
- Whisk together egg substitute, eggs and sour cream until well blended. Pour egg mixture into bowl and add the cheeses and basil. Stir ingredients together until well blended.
- Coat a 9X13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Pour egg mixture into baking dish and bake for 45 – 50 minutes until firm and browned.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.