Apple Bread with Maple Syrup Glaze
Preheat oven 350o
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 55 -60 minutes
Estimated Values Per Serving:
Calories: 195 Fat: 2 grams
1 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup sugar
1 cup cored, peeled and grated apple
2 tablespoons cooking oil
2 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
¼ cup egg substitute
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, whisk together sugar, grated apple, cooking oil, apple sauce and
- Add flour mixture to apple mixture and stir until combined.
- Coat a 8X4X2-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and spoon batter into pan. Bake for 55 – 60 minutes or until an insert
toothpick comes out clean.
- Spoon on maple syrup glaze after apple bread has cooled.
Maple Syrup Glaze:
1 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar – sifted
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
Skim milk (1 – 2 tablespoons)
- In a bowl, combine confectioners sugar and vanilla.
- Gradually whisk in maple syrupand enough milk to make a coating consistency.