It’s been way too long since I have posted a recipe and I aplogize. I hope to be back on track and giving you more fun, delicious and light recipes to try. Here is a light take on a comfort food side dish I made last week that the family enjoyed.
Preheat oven 425o
Estimated Values Per Serving:
Calories: 130 Fat: 5 grams
4 slices turkey bacon
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon chives
6 tablespoons low fat butter spread
1 cup low fat cheddar cheese
1 cup skim milk
¾ teaspoons cream of tartar
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels and finely chop the bacon.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add chopped bacon and chives and whisk together with flour mixture.
- Add the butter spread and using a pastry knife, cut the butter spread into the
flour mixture until it is in pea-sized pieces. Stir in the cheese with a wooden spoon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the skim milk and cream of tarter then mix into the
flour/cheese mixture with a spoon until moist.
- Drop biscuit dough onto an ungreased baking sheet into 12 large or 24 small biscuits.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.