Greek Style Meatballs with Tzaziki Sauce
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 – 25 minutes
Estimated Values per Serving:
Calories: 315 Fat: 9 grams
½ European cucumber – seeded and grated
4 ounces low fat cream cheese – softened
½ cup fat free Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon fresh dill (or 1 teaspoon dried)
2 cloves garlic – minced
Salt to taste
1. Put the grated cucumber in a double paper towel and twist the ends over the sink to allow the excess cucumber water to drain.
2. In a bowl, fold in the grated cucumber, cream cheese, yogurt, dill, garlic and salt.
3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or overnight).
½ pound ground lamb meat
½ pound ground sirloin
½ pound ground turkey breast meat
¼ cup egg substitute
1 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon fresh (or 1 teaspoon dried) parsley
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ cup fat free feta cheese – crumbled
2 slices bread with crusts removed
1. In a large bowl, mix together the ground meats, egg substitute, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder and feta cheese. Soak the bread in water, squeeze out any excess water then add to the meat mixture.
2. Mix all ingredients very well.
3. Roll meat mixture into small balls and set on a roasting pan.
4. Bake 20 – 25 minutes until the meatballs are cooked to medium temperature (about 165o).