Preheat oven 375o
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Estimated Values per Serving:
Calories: 350 Fat: 8 grams
½ pound ground turkey breast meat
½ pound ground sirloin steak
1 clove garlic – crushed
1 cup chili sauce
½ cup water
Tabasco sauce (optional)
1 packet taco seasoning
6 small round soft tortillas
1 cup low fat grated Mexican blend cheese – separated
1 cup salsa
- Heat a large skillet on medium high heat and coat with cooking spray. Add ground turkey and beef and sauté for 5 – 7 minutes until browned. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add chili sauce, water, Tabasco sauce (if using) and taco seasoning. Heat on medium low for 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium high. Heat tortillas until slightly browned.
- To Assemble: Coat an 8 X 12 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Layer 3 tortillas on the bottom (you may have to cut the tortillas so that they cover the bottom). Add the ground meat mixture and top with half the cheese. Layer the meat and cheese mixture with the remaining tortillas. Spoon salsa on top and finally, top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.