Preheat oven 350o
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Estimated Values per Serving:
Calories: 300 Fat: 8 grams
1 package (10 ounces) chopped frozen spinach – defrosted
12 ounces ground turkey breast meat
12 ounces 93% lean (or higher) ground beef
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dried basil
½ cup egg substitute
1 cup fat free ricotta cheese
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
½ cup Italian style bread crumbs
4 grape tomatoes – cut in half (optional)
- Squeeze the excess water from the defrosted spinach and place in a large bowl.
- Add turkey breast meat, ground beef, onion and garlic powder, salt, pepper, dried basil, egg substitute, ricotta and parmesan cheese and bread crumbs and mix together well until incorporated.
- Coat a 9 X 5-inch bread pan with cooking spray. Shape meatloaf and place into baking pan.
- Decorate top with tomatoes.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake an additional 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165o.
- Remove from baking pan and slice into 6 equal servings.