We ate these delicious mushrooms as a side dish but they also work very well as an appetizer if you are entertaining. You may want to make extra because I served this for 5 people and everyone ate a little more than they should have. Enjoy…
Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
Preheat oven 375o
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Estimated values per serving:
Calories = 73 Fat = 3 grams Points: 3
16 large stuffing mushrooms
2 cloves garlic
4 ounces low fat cream cheese – softened
4 ounces fat free cream cheese – softened
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 package frozen spinach – thawed
- Clean mushrooms and remove the caps from the stems. Set the caps aside and chop the stems.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Add mushrooms and sauté for 10 minutes until the liquid is cooked out. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool.
- In a mixer, combine cream cheeses, Dijon mustard and cooled mushroom stems. Beat on high, scraping down the sides until whipped.
- Squeeze excess water from the spinach and fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Reheat the same skillet that cooked the mushrooms and coat again with cooking spray. Add mushroom caps and cook for about 5 minutes, just until tender.
- Coat a baking dish with cooking spray and place mushroom caps upside down so that you can fill the insides.
- Spoon a little cream cheese mixture in each mushroom cap.
- Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes until cream cheese mixture is bubbly and cooked.
- Serve hot.