Chicken Sauté in Sweet Wine Sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Estimated values per serving:
Calories = 150 Fat = 3 grams Points: 3
1 teaspoon thyme
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
6 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion – chopped
2 cloves garlic – sliced
½ cup white wine
2 tablespoons cream sherry
1 cup chicken broth
- Combine thyme, salt and pepper and rub on both sides of each chicken breast. Heat a large skillet on medium high heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Add chicken breast and cook for 5 – 7 minutes on each side until cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet, cover and set aside.
- Add olive oil to skillet then onion and sauté for 5 minutes until browned and tender. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute. Add wine and sherry, scraping any pieces from skillet. Cook liquid down until almost completely absorbed.
- Add chicken broth and simmer for 5 – 7 minutes until reduced to half. Add chicken breasts back to skillet with sauce and coat with sauce on both sides, simmering for 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts and place onto serving platter. Pour sauce on top and serve.