Roast Pork with Apple-Pear Sauce
Preheat oven 325o
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 – 40 minutes
Estimated values per serving:
Calories = 230 Fat = 8 grams Points: 5
1 ½ – 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
Salt and pepper
1 cup apple – chopped
1 cup pear – chopped
½ cup onion – finely chopped
1 clove garlic – minced
1 ¼ cup apple cider
1 tablespoon cornstarch
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
Pinch allspice (about 1/8 teaspoon)
- Season pork with salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg. Heat a large skillet on high heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Add pork to skillet and brown on all sides for a few minutes.
- Remove pork and place in an oven safe baking pan. Roast pork for 30 – 40 minutes until internal temperature reaches 160o. Remove from oven and cover for 15 minutes before cutting.
- While pork is roasting, coat a small pot with cooking spray and add apple, pear, onion and garlic. Sauté until soft and slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the apple cider, cornstarch, nutmeg and allspice. Add to the pot with the fruit mixture and stir until the sauce become bubbly and thickened. Keep warm until pork roast is ready to cut.
- Slice pork into serving sizes and pour sauce on top.