Braised Beef and Vegetables
Preheat oven 300o
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours and 10 minutes
Estimated values per serving:
Calories = 360 Fat = 9 grams Points: 6
2 pounds London broil
Salt and Pepper
1 cup red wine
3 cups beef stock
3 cloves garlic – chopped
2 large potatoes – peeled and quartered
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 cups carrots – peeled and cut up
1 cup peas
1 onion – cut up
- Heat a large skillet on high and coat with cooking spray. Season beef with salt and pepper and to skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side until browned
- Transfer beef to a large Dutch oven. Add wine, beef stock, garlic, potatoes, bay leaves and thyme. Cover and cook in the oven for 3 hours.
- Remove beef and bay leaves from Dutch oven. Set beef aside and discard bay leave. Puree potatoes in a food processor with a little bit of broth mixture. Return potato thickened broth to the Dutch oven.
- Add carrots, peas, onion and beef to Dutch oven and continue to cook for 1 hour in the oven.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.