My family has been enjoying this the last few weekends. My son loves it because it’s pizza but it is a great tasting, eye catching healthy breakfast for your family and friends.
Preheat oven 400o
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Estimated values per serving:
Calories = 230 Fat = 7 grams Points: 5
2 slices turkey bacon
2 cups egg substitute
Salt and pepper
½ cup grated low fat cheddar cheese
1 package refrigerated pizza dough
- Coat a small round cake pan with cooking spray. Remove pizza dough from package and place under cake pan to measure size. Cut corners and extra dough from pan so that it will fit into the pan with a little extra to go up the sides of pan. Invert pan and place dough inside. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat and coat with cooking spray. Add bacon and sauté for 5 minutes on each side until browned and crispy. Remove bacon from pan and cool.
- Crumble bacon and place in a bowl with egg substitute. Whisk egg and bacon together and add salt and pepper.
- Reheat the same skillet on medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Add egg mixture and cook egg for about 3 minutes until soft cooked (NOTE: the egg should not be completely cooked through).
- Spoon egg mixture into pizza dough and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.