Chicken Apple Sausage Stuffing
Preheat oven 375o
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Estimated values per serving:
Calories = 160 Fat = 4 grams Points: 4
1 onion – chopped
3 celery ribs – chopped
1 apple – chopped
1 package (12 ounces) chicken sausage links
1 5.2 ounce bag of chestnuts – chopped
4 cups vegetable broth
1 teaspoon dried parsley
½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 bag (14 ounces) herbed seasoned stuffing cubes
2 tablespoons butter spread
- Heat a large sauce pot or skillet on medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Add onion and celery and sauté for 5 minutes until soft and browned. Add apple and cook another 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add sausage and sauté for 5 minutes until browned.
- Add chestnuts, broth, parsley and poultry seasoning and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and Stir in bread stuffing cubes.
- Coat a large baking dish with cooking spray and spoon in stuffing. Spread butter spread on top.
- Bake 30 for minutes and serve hot.