Cream of Cauliflower Soup with Cheddar Cheese
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Estimated values per serving:
Calories = 170 Fat = 5 grams Points: 3
2 large onions – chopped
1 large head cauliflower – trimmed and cut into small florets
1 clove garlic – minced
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 large potatoes – peeled and diced
7 cups chicken broth
1 cup fat free half and half
1 cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese
Pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot on low and coat with cooking spray. Add onions and cook gently until soft and translucent.
- Add cauliflower, garlic, thyme, potatoes and chicken broth. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly. Working in batches, puree soup in a food processor or blender. Transfer back to pot.
- Add half and half and cheese and heat on low until cheese is melted and soup is hot. Add pepper and serve.