Preheat oven 325o
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours and 20 minutes
Estimated values per serving:
Calories = 310 Fat = 6 grams Points: 6
¼ cup flour
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 pound boneless pork tenderloin
1 onion – coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic – minced
¾ cup ketchup
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- Combine flour, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a platter. Coat the pork loin with the flour mixture, shaking off any excess. Reserve the flour mixture and set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium high heat, coat with cooking spray and add pork loin. Brown for 5 minutes on each side. Remove pork and transfer to a roasting pan.
- Add onion to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes until soft and browned.
- While onions are cooking, combine garlic, ketchup, vinegar, reserved flour and tomatoes in a bowl. Add mixture to onions and bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Pour sauce over pork, cover tightly with foil and bake until tender, about 2 hours.