Roast Pork Tenderloin and Potatoes with Braised Red Cabbage
Preheat oven 425o
Estimated values per serving:
Calories = 335 Fat = 8 grams Points: 6
2 pounds boneless pork tenderloin
2 large potatoes – peeled and cut into large pieces
1 teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon dried marjoram
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
4 slices turkey bacon – chopped
½ cup red onion – thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic – minced
1 small head of red cabbage
1 cup red wine vinegar
½ cup apple cider
3 tablespoons Brown sugar
1 apple – julienned
- In a small bowl, combine thyme, marjoram, salt, pepper and onion powder. Rub half of the seasoning mix onto the pork.
- Coat a baking pan with cooking spray and add potatoes. Sprinkle the remaining half of the seasoning on the potatoes. Set the pork on top. Place in the oven and roast for about 30 – 40 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 160o. cover and let sit for 10 minutes before carving.
- While the pork is roasting, prepare the cabbage. Heat a large skillet on medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Add turkey bacon and sauté until crispy and browned. Add onion and sauté for about 5 minutes until softened. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the cabbage and vinegar, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes until the cabbage is soft and tender.
- In a small bowl, stir together the apple cider and brown sugar. Uncover the skillet and add the apple cider mixture. Simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove the cabbage form the heat and fold in the apple.
- Serve the roasted pork and potatoes with the cabbage on the side.