Cranberry Apple Pork Loin
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 – 50 minutes
Estimated values per serving:
Calories = 415 Fat = 9 grams Points: 6
1 pound (16 ounces) boneless pork loin
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried) – finely chopped
Salt and pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 apples – cored, peeled and chopped coarsely
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 can (16 ounces) whole cranberry sauce
½ cup fat free chicken broth
- Combine nutmeg, thyme, salt and pepper and rub on pork roast.
- Heat skillet on high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add pork to skillet and brown for about 5 minutes on each side. Remove pork, cover and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add apples and sauté for about 2 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add brown sugar, cranberry sauce and chicken broth and cook, scraping any pieces from the bottom of the pan. Increase heat and bring mixture to a boil
- Add pork, reduce heat and simmer for 30 – 40 minutes. Pork should reach 160o when cooked. Remove pork, cut into 8 slices and place on serving platter with sauce.