New England Clam Chowder
Prep time: 15minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Estimated values per serving:
Calories = 195 Fat = 2 grams Points: 4
4 slices turkey bacon
1 onion – chopped
2 celery ribs chopped
4 cans (6 ½ ounces) minced clams – drained with liquid reserved
3 cups fat free half and half
2 cups clam broth (including the reserved clam liquid)
1 cup skim milk
¼ cup flour
3 potatoes – peeled and diced
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Heat sauce pot on medium high heat and add bacon. Cook until bacon is crisp. Remove from heat, cool and chop.
- Add onion and celery to the pot and cook about 5 minutes until soft and tender. Add bacon back to the pot.
- Add half and half, clam broth and potatoes in the sauce pot. Cook on medium heat until mixture begins to bubble.
- I n a small mixing bowl, mix together skim milk and flour then add to sauce pot and stir. Lower heat and continue to cook soup until potatoes are soft.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce and serve.