Preset Oven 375o
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Estimated Values per Serving (not including sour cream):
Calories: 285 Fat: 4 grams Points: 6
½ cup onion – chopped
2 cloves garlic – minced
½ pound ground turkey breast meat
½ pound ground 93% lean beef
1 package taco seasoning
1 jar chili sauce
5 small soft tortillas
¼ cup low fat grated Mexican cheese
Gat free sour cream for serving (optional)
¾ cup skim milk
1 tablespoon flour
¾ cup low fat grated Mexican cheese
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes until soft and browned.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add ground turkey and beef and sauté for about 7 minutes until browned.
- Mix taco seasoning with chili sauce in a small bowl then add to meat mixture. Cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare cheese sauce:
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and flour. Add to a small saucepot and heat on medium, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and stir grated cheese until cheese is melted.
- To assemble:
- Cut tortillas into 2-inch thick strips. Spray a 9 X 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Line the bottom of the baking dish with half of the tortilla strips so that they cover the bottom completely.
- Spoon half of the meat mixture on top of the tortillas. Pour cheese sauce on top.
10. Add the final layer of tortilla strips on top of the cheese mixture.
11. Spoon the remaining meat on top.
12. Sprinkle the ¼ cup reserve grated cheese on top of the meat mixture.
13. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Then remove the cover and bake another 15 minutes until the cheese has melted.