Baked Ham and Potato Casserole
Preheat oven 375o
Estimated Values per Serving:
Calories: 285 Fat: 6 grams Points: 5
1 large onion, chopped
1 large potato, cooked and cubed
1 – 12 ounce package ham steaks – cut into 1 inch pieces
2 cups skim milk
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon fresh thyme – minced
1 tablespoon low calorie butter spread
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 package frozen chopped spinach – defrosted
½ cup shredded low fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat a large skillet on medium high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add ham and onions and cook for 5 – 7 minutes until browned. Add cooked potatoes and saute for another minute. Spoon into a bowl and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour and milk and pour into the same skillet used to brown the ham. Add thyme to the milk mixture.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in butter spread and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add spinach with the ham and potato mixture and stir.
- Spread cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake 30 minutes covered and 30 minutes uncovered until cheese is completely melted.