Last year my son Nicholas asked me to buy him “Lunchables” for the days he ate lunch at pre-school. When I looked at the nutritional values, I almost fell over and told him it was out of the question.
This year, I researched their menus and decided to make our version of “Lunchalicious and Light” meals that he could have fun eating while keeping a healthy balance of calories and fat grams. I found these Ziploc containers at Target (just in case you were looking).
Here is the first of a series of our “Lunchalicious and Light”.
Breaded Chicken Breast Slider Lunch
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Estimated Values per Serving:
Calories: 250 Fat:2 grams Points: 5
1- 4 ounce chicken cutlet – pounded thin
¼ cup egg substitute
1/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
2 ounces shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
2 slider rolls
20 – 30 grapes
5 – 6 cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Cut pounded chicken breast with a biscuit cutter so that the chicken is the same size as the slider rolls.
- Dip each breast in egg substitute then in bread crumbs.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add chicken breasts and cook for 5 – 7 minutes on each side until done.
- Place one slider roll in each lunch container and top with chicken breast.
- Place 1 ounce of cheese in another section of each container and 10 – 15 grapes in the third section of each container.
- Decorate with tomatoes.