My son was home with a fever today so I didn’t make dinner. I took the opportunity of being stuck in the house all day and baked instead.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Estimated Values per Serving:
Calories: 250 Fat: 8 grams Points: 6
Bread Pudding Ingredients:
10 inside slices of brown sugar and cinnamon bread – cut into 1” pieces
½ cup egg substitute
1 cup fat free half and half
1 cup skim milk
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the broiler on high heat. Add cut up bread to a baking pan and broil for 1 – 2 minutes until toasted. Remove bread from oven and cool for a few minutes.
- Reduce oven heat to 325o.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, milk and vanilla. Add toasted bread and let sit for 30 minutes until bread has absorbed the liquid mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Grease a 9 X9-inch baking pan with butter. Spoon in bread pudding and bake for 55 – 60 minutes until bread pudding has set.
- Remove from oven to cool while making sauce.
1 cup marshmallow crème
2 tablespoons low calorie butter spread
2 tablespoons fat free half and half
- Combine marshmallow crème, butter and cream in a saucepot. Cook over medium heat until bubbles begin to form. Remove from heat and pour on top of bread pudding.
- Cool bread pudding for about 1 hour and serve.