- Cook the meat filling the night before then about 30 minutes before dinner, preheat the oven and assemble.
BBQ Meat Pie
Preheat oven 425o
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Estimated Values per Serving:
Calories: 340 Fat: 7 grams Points: 6
1 onion – chopped
1 clove garlic – minced
½ pound ground turkey breast meat
½ pound 93% lean ground beef
1 cup ketchup
½ teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon liquid smoke
¼ teaspoon hickory smoke salt
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 package refrigerated pizza dough
½ cup Mexican blend low fat shredded cheese
- Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium and spray with cooking spray. Add onion and cook 3 – 5 minutes until soft and browned. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add turkey and beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook 5 – 7 minutes, stirring, until meat is browned and cooked through.
- Add ketchup, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, liquid smoke, hickory smoke salt, Worcestershire sauce and red wine vinegar and sauté for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature or refrigerate overnight if baking the following day.
- Spray a large baking pan with cooking spray. Roll out pizza dough and stretch onto a large baking pan.
- Place meat in the center, leaving enough room to fold dough over the meat. Spread cheese on top of meat.
- Fold corners of dough into the center of the pie first then bring sides up toward the center so the meat is completely covered.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until the dough is browned.
2 thoughts on “Make Ahead – Day 3”
Liking the new photos at the top of the blog.
Still trying to make it a little better one step at a time.