Island Grilled Pork with Pineapple Chutney
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Estimated Values per Serving:
Calories: 250 Fat: 5 grams Points: 5
2 pounds pork tenderloin
1 tablespoon jerk seasoning
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 cloves garlic – minced
1 pineapple – cut into slices
3 shallots – minced
1 jalapeno pepper – seeded and minced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley – minced
½ teaspoon salt
- In a small mixing bowl, combine jerk seasoning, brown sugar and garlic. Rub seasoning mix on pork and let marinate until ready to grill.
- Heat an indoor grill on high heat, spray with cooking spray and add pineapple slices. Grill for 3 – 5 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add shallots and sauté for about 5 minutes until tender. Add jalapeno and sauté for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add to a mixing bowl.
- Cut cooled pineapple into small bite sized pieces and add to shallot mixture. Add parsley and salt and toss. Let stand at room temperature until pork is cooked.
- Spray indoor grill again with cooking spray and heat on high. Add pork and cook for 10 – 12 minutes on each side until cooked through (internal temperature reaches 165o).
- Remove pork from grill and let stand 5 minutes. Slice pork into 12 slices and arrange on serving platter. Spoon pineapple chutney around the pork and serve.