I will be going camping for a few days so this will be the last post until I return. I have served these twice so far and they have been a big hit both times.
Cherry tomatoes stuffed with Bacon-Avocado Spread
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Estimated Values per Serving:
Calories: 100 Fat: 6 grams Points: 2
6 slices turkey bacon
4 ounces fat free cream cheese – softened
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
24 cherry tomatoes
- Sauté bacon on high heat until crispy and browned. Remove from pan and cool to room temperature.
- Crumble bacon and add to cream cheese.
- Cut avocado around the pit then open. Remove avocado pit, scoop out the inside and add to the cream cheese and bacon mixture. Discard avocado pit and outside skin.
- Add vinegar and maple syrup to the mixture spread and beat on high speed until all ingredients are well combined.
- Cut tops of cherry tomatoes and scoop out the inside. Discard the inside of the tomatoes.
- Scoop bacon-avocado spread into a pastry bag (do not add a tip for the end of the bag). Squeeze a little of the spread into each cherry tomato.
- Refrigerate for 1 – 3 hours and serve cold.