Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Refrigeration time: about 2 hours
Estimated Values per Serving:
Calories: 160 Fat: 5 grams Points: 4
½ cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup skim milk
½ cup fat free half and half
1 cup egg substitute
2 tablespoons butter spread
2 tablespoons rum
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup heavy cream
½ cup strong coffee
1 tablespoon coffee liquor
15 Italian vanilla biscuit cookies or crisp lady fingers
1/3 cup ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips – chopped
- In a large saucepot, whisk together cornstarch and sugar.
- Stir in milk and egg substitute and cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbling (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla and rum.
- Pour custard into a bowl and place plastic wrap directly on surface to prevent skin from forming.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours until cold.
- Beat heavy cream until whipped an fold into custard.
- To assemble: pour a little of the coffee/liquor mixture into the bottom of each cup. Cut 10 biscuits so that it fits into the cup then top with custard.
- Cut 5 biscuits in half. Sprinkle tops of each cup with chocolate, add ½ of a biscuit and refrigerate until ready to serve.