Preheat oven 450o
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Estimated Values per Serving
Calories: 210 Fat: 4 grams Points: 3
4 pounds potatoes – cut into 1-inch pieces
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ pounds sweet onions – cut into 1/4 –inch thick slices
- Line a large baking pan with foil then generously spray with cooking spray. Add potatoes in a single layer and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast potatoes for about 40 minutes until tender and browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Heat a large skillet on medium low heat, spray with cooking spray and add onions. Cover and slow cook for about 20 – 25 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are soft and caramel colored.
- In a large serving bowl, combine potatoes and onions. Prepare goat cheese dressing (recipe below).
Goat Cheese Dressing Ingredients:
¾ cup fat free sour cream
5 ounces crumbled goat cheese
2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
1 tablespoon low fat real bacon bits
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Pour on potatoes salad and gently toss.