This moist delicious cake is inspired by anyplace tropical. The little bit of shredded coconut combined with the pineapple juice makes the flavor in this cake pop! So if you’re craving a little bit of the tropics, this is worth checking out.
Enjoy the spirit of paradise even if it’s in your backyard.
Pina Colada Cake
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 50 – 55 minutes
Estimated Values per Serving:
Calories: 220 Fat: 5 grams Points: 5
¼ cup shredded coconut
½ cup reduced calorie butter spread
1 ½ cup sugar
1 ¾ cups flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup egg substitute
6 ounce can pineapple juice
1 teaspoon coconut extract
1 tablespoon dark rum
- Heat oven on high broil. Place coconut on a baking sheet and toast for 2 minutes until browned. Remove coconut from the oven and reduce oven heat to 325o.
- Grease a 9”X9” baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter spread and sugar and cream together on high speed. Add flour, salt and baking powder and beat on medium until well combined.
- Add egg substitute, pineapple juice, coconut extract and rum and beat on high until mixed. Fold in toasted coconut.
- Pour batter into oven and bake 50 to 55 minutes until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool to room temperature and serve.