I may be overstating the servings on tonight’s side dish, the three of us had a slice and came back for a second serving. So if you like it as much as we did, this may only serve 3. Check it out…
Layered Roast Vegetables
Preheat oven 425o
Pre p Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour total
Estimates Values per serving:
Calories = 100 Fat = 1.5 grams
2 medium zucchini
1 red bell pepper
½ teaspoon onion powder
¼ – ½ teaspoon salt
6 slices reduced calorie bread
¾ cup egg substitute
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Slice zucchini into long strips about ½ inches thick. Slice pepper into long strips about the same width as the zucchini. Cut onion into slices.
- Spray a roasting pan with cooking spray and add vegetables in a single layer then spray top of vegetables with cooking spray. Sprinkle vegetables lightly with salt.
- Sprinkle onion powder on zucchini and pepper strips.
- Roast vegetables for about 15 minutes until browned. Remove from oven and reduce oven heat to 375o.
- Spray a bread pan with cooking spray. Add a layer of vegetables on the bottom, sprinkle a little cheese on top, add 2 slices of bread then pour about ¼ cup of egg substitute on top. Continue to layer the vegetables, cheese, bread and egg substitute 2 more times, ending with vegetables (they will be added 3 additional times).
- Cover dish with foil and add a heavy weight on top (I use a brick covered in foil). Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven, cool for about 15 minutes then loosen the sides and invert onto a serving platter.
- Serve warm.