I made this dessert tonight in honor of Memorial Day. It’s a delicious and colorful dessert that was inspired by a magazine recipe I found while I was having my hair done. I am refrigerating it tonight and plan on serving it tomorrow. If you notice in the picture, there are only 11 of them. I couldn’t help but try it. Given the taste I had today, I know it’s going to be a big hit tomorrow and expect that I will be serving this for the 4th of July too.
Enjoy your sweets without the guilt!
Mini Berry Cheesecakes
Prep time: 20 minutes, including decorating
Bake time: 30 minutes
Estimated Values per serving:
Calories = 185 Fat = 6 grams
Preheat oven 350o
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons low calorie butter spread – melted
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons sugar + ½ cup – separated
8 ounces low fat cream cheese- softened
8 ounces fat free cream cheese – softened
½ cup fat free sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon zest
½ cup egg substitute
½ cup light whipped topping
¾ cup sliced strawberries
¾ cup blueberries
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, butter spread, cinnamon and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Press into the bottom of 12 cupcake liners placed in a 12 cupcake baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese and ½ cup sugar for 30 seconds on high speed.
- Add sour cream, vanilla extract and lemon zest and beat for 30 seconds on high speed until combined. Add egg substitute slowly while beating until combined.
- Divide batter evenly among cupcake liners.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until set. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Divide whipped topping evenly among cupcakes and decorate with fruit.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.