Nick and I are having sort of a busy day so I actually don’t have a recipe for tonight’s dinner. Instead, I’ll leave you with something I’ve made that everyone liked a lot.
We’re off to DC tomorrow so I won’t be cooking for a few days. In the meantime, try some of the recipes posted and let me know what you think.
Enjoy and until later…!
Chicken in Thyme Sauce
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
6 split boneless/skinless chicken breasts (about 4 ounces each)
½ cup diced tomatoes from can
1 cup of juice from diced tomato can
1 teaspoon thyme
½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
½ teaspoon marjoram
½ cup white wine
¼ cup honey
1 ½ cups chicken broth
1 whole clove garlic
1 cup fat free half and half
1 tablespoon corn starch
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon reduced calorie butter spread
- Heat large skillet on medium high heat and spray with cooking spray. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add to skillet.
- Sauté chicken breasts for about 5 minutes on each side until browned.
- Remove chicken breasts from pan and cover to keep warm.
- Add juice from tomatoes, thyme, poultry seasoning, marjoram, white wine, honey, chicken broth and garlic clove to skillet, bring to boil and reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken breasts to skillet and cook another 5 minutes, turning chicken over to coat on both sides.
- Remove chicken from skillet and cover to keep warm.
- With the back of wooden spoon, mash garlic into sauce.
- Add corn starch to half and half in small bowl and stir until combined.
- Raise heat to medium high and add corn starch mixture. Stirring constantly, cook until sauce is bubbly and thickened. Add tomatoes and stir. Remove skillet form heat, stir in salt, pepper and butter spread and pour over chicken breasts.
Estimated Values per serving:
Calories = 160 Fat = 2 grams