We thought we might go out to eat tonight but plans were changed and I had to decide the last hour what we were having. I decided to do something easy since time was running out. Pasta dishes are great meals to make when you are pressed for time or haven’t planned in advance. So tonight we had Chicken and pasta with Spinach.
Chicken and Pasta with Spinach
Preheat oven 425o
Prep and cook time 25 minutes
2 garlic cloves – peeled but left whole
½ box rigatoni pasta
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts – cut into bite sized pieces
¼ cup scallions, green parts only – chopped
2 tablespoons fresh parsley – minced
½ cup white wine
1 ½ cup fat free chicken broth
1 tablespoon cornstarch
½ pound fresh baby spinach leave – coarsely chopped
¼ cup parmesan cheese – grated
- Wrap garlic cloves in aluminum foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes. When done, mash roasted garlic with the back of the spoon and set aside to combine with chicken broth.
- Boil water and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Heat large skillet on medium high heat, spray with cooking spray and add chicken. Sauté for about 10 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add scallions and sauté for about 2 minutes. Add wine and parsley, scarping any bits from the bottom of the skillet. Cook wine mixture for about 5 minutes or until reduced by half.
- In a small bowl, mix together chicken broth, corn starch and garlic. Add to skillet, stirring until thickened and bubbly. Add pasta, chicken and spinach to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat, toss in cheese and spoon onto serving platter.