Recipes from Monday Night’s Dinner
1 bunch of kale – rinsed and cut into bite sized pieces
2 cloves garlic
3/4 cup fat free chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat saute pan on medium heat, spray with cooking spray and add garlic.
2. Saute for 1 minute then add kale, cover, and cook for about 2 minutes.
3. Increase heat to medium high, add chicken broth, sugar and salt and pepper and saute until all the liquid is absorbed and the kale is tender.
4. Serve hot
Pork Tenderloin with Whiskey Sauce
Serves 6 – 8
Preheat oven to 500 degrees
1/3 cup whiskey
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes from a can
1 tablespoon Cajun spice seasoning
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons honey
2 pounds pork tenderloin
1. Combine whiskey, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, Cajun spice, onion powder and honey in a bowl or plastic bag. Add pork and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
2. Remove pork from marinade (reserving marinade) and set on a broiler pan sprayed with cooking spray. Roast pork in a 500 degree oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 and roast another 20 minutes or until pork reaches 160 degrees.
3. While pork is roasting, pour marinade in a saucepan and heat until boiling. Lower heat and simmer sauce until pork is fully cooked.
4. Remove pork from oven, slice, and pour sauce on top on a serving platter.